Friday, June 28, 2013

On Tonight's Edition...

Time for some news.

June has come and gone and it's been a long one, without too much going on really. July is already shaping up to be a much busier month.

My second book, Class 5, is heading in to the editor's office the second week of the month. In addition, I've already sent in a request for cover art, so that is in the works too. If all goes well and things fall into place quickly, I'm hoping for an early August release, but we'll see how that goes.

I also got my second opinion back on my first book, and I have a lot of work to do. To everyone that read it and was not impressed, I apologize. I'm going to make some changes and hopefully get a semi-fixed version uploaded in the coming month.

Additionally, some of you may (or may not) know that I contributed a short story to the 2013 Seattle Crypticon writing contest and managed to be a finalist and an eventual honorable mention, published in the convention anthology. You can find the entire book here on Amazon, but it is not available as an ebook. I can't make the entire thing available, but what I can do is put my own story up for download, which I plan on doing in the coming future.

Here's the other thing. A while back, I saw some of my fellow bloggers doing a blog-a-day challenge and ever since, I've been thinking about how I could incorporate that into my own blog. Well, with summer here and people traveling and camping, it finally hit me. Monsters. I'm not talking about counting down through Godzilla and the Blob.

 I'm talking about real monsters. Cryptids. Over the coming month, I'm going to try my own little blog-a-day challenge, hitting on Bigfoot, Yeti, Ropens, Mermaids, Chupacabra and the like. After all, you never know what you're going to see when you go walking out in the woods.

So check back on Monday, when we start going over things that, depending on what you believe, might actually be out in the woods, waiting for an unsuspecting hiker to pass within reach...

~ Shaun




No comments:

Post a Comment