Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Happy Holidays!

Christmas is on Thursday, so I'll make this pretty quick. I'm sure everyone still has shopping, wrapping, baking, and traveling to do for the holidays.

Some of you know I had my work Cenote free to download for the first day of winter on Sunday. I hope you grabbed one if you hadn't. Even so, it's still only $0.99 on Kindle.

Anyway, while I didn't exactly give away a hundred free copies, the giveaway was a great success in other ways. The short story got it's first review on Amazon, 4 stars even! The good news continued over on Goodreads.com, with two new ratings and a review there as well. Really, as an author, there's no higher praise I can receive other than a review, even if it's not exemplary. It means someone read my work and it caused enough emotion in them that they felt like they had to share their opinion of it with everyone else. So thanks to everyone who's read it and for sharing their thoughts on it.

I also want to apologize for my sporadic posts the last six months or so. I've gotten a lot of things worked out though, and I hope to be back on some kind of schedule soon. I have one more post scheduled for this year, just to revisit some of what's gone on, and to let you all in on what I have planned for the coming year. I've got some incredible stuff I want to try, so I hope you'll all stick with me for more posts on monsters, horror, writing tips, and exclusive stories.

Also, if there's something in particular you want to see me address, go to the Biography page and use the link down at the bottom to send me an email. I welcome all correspondence!

And with that, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season! May your evening visit be Santa, and not Krampus!

(What can I say? I love this picture.)

~ Shaun

No comments:

Post a Comment