Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Gremlins Vs. Critters

So, a lot of places have done VS. series of one kind or another. Go see if you can find Deadliest Warrior for a great one. A few dedicated Horror sites have even already pitted classic monsters against each other. Plus there's movies for Aliens VS Predator, and Freddy VS Jason.


So, there's one pairing off that I've been thinking about for a while, that I want to go over. I don't have any programs for running simulations or anything fancy like that, but I can go over the monsters themselves, argue for who I think would win, and open the forum for discussion.

So, as you may have guessed from the title of this post, the face-off I'm talking about is Gremlins Vs. Critters.

Both are movies made in the mid-1980's which feature small monsters running around terrorizing towns. Both are really good movies and worth watching if you're into Horror.


Now, I'll be honest, I want to take this about as seriously as possible (which doesn't mean TOO much considering how off-the-wall the combatants can be). Which means I'm probably going to break this into a few different parts. This post is going to go into the basics of the movies and the monster's backgrounds. Then each beast will get a post detailing it's abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Finally, one more post will explain how I see their fight coming out. 

So, the ground rules for the eventual bout.

1. Considering these are small creatures, that typically run in groups or hoards, I've decided to make this fight a group match. 10 vs 10 or 25 vs 25. We'll see if the monster posts help me figure out exactly how many a side is actually fair.

2. To keep the fight contained, and to ensure retreat is not an option, I'm going to set this inside a building. Creatures can run and hide for a bit, but there is no permanent escape. 

3. There will be innocent bystanders trapped inside with them. Because what kind of horror movie monster fight would this be without people dying who have nothing to do with it? 

So, stay tuned, because things will probably get interesting the next couple weeks!

(Edit: The bit is done, so here's the links!)

The Gremlins.

The Critters.

The fight: Part 1

The fight: Part 2

~ Shaun

1 comment:

  1. The critters would dominate. The toxin in their quills that can paralyze the limbs of a full grown human can probably fully paralyze a gremlin. Critters actively seek out and kill prey, whereas gremlins simply kill for a laugh. Critters eat, kill and reproduce. The gremlins have to get wet to reproduce, if the building's water supply is compromised, the end. The Gremlins then have to eat after midnight and go into a cocoon to transform....which to the critters is just like pigs in a blanket. Mischievous imps vs killing machines....don't get me wrong bro, I like gremlins more but no way they win.
    -Zak

    ReplyDelete