Wednesday, July 8, 2020

How goes 2020?

Whew, 

Describing this year, as most people know, would require a string of expletives longer than blogger would probably allow. If a writer took everything that's happened in the past six months, made it into a book and submitted it to a publisher, they would be blasted for a story that made no sense and was completely unrealistic. 

Pandemics, murder hornets, and the most powerful country on Earth falling from grace. Sheesh. 


Quiet now, but I'm betting they reappear for the climax.

Still, the world hasn't stopped turning (yet), and nothing stops the marching of time. 

At the start of the year, I made a blog post announcing my plans for the year, and while the chaos of the past six months has been an interruption, I'm still trying to carry on along those lines. 

Class 5 is being narrated as I write this, by a great and excited voice actor. The deadline to get the entire book recorded is the end of July, so I'm hoping to have a finished product up and available to listen to by mid-August. 



For other older works, I have made the decision to pull my slower sellers PATHS, and Hannah from Kindle Select and to move them over to Draft2Digital once their current runs expire at the end of July. This will allow me to offer them up on such platforms as Kobo and iTunes. Hopefully this will expand my readership a bit more, as not everyone likes Amazon. We'll see how that goes though and I'll make announcements when they should be up and running on those platforms. 

For new works, I've made a lot of progress on "Burrows", but it's still not to the editing stages yet. You'd think with the quarantine we've been under, I would've had a lot of time to devote to writing new stuff and could pump things out faster, but that's just not how things work. I also haven't made much progress on new shorts to make a good collection with. 

Writing has not slipped from my mind though, and I have had a few pokers in other fires. I signed up for a workshop on how to write role-playing adventures, which should give me another outlet to get my name out there, as well as new information on how to promote and other ways to get and use ideas and approaches. 

Should be interesting the next few months, so make sure you're following me on either Twitter or Facebook to keep up on announcements. 

Stay safe out there in this proto-apocalypse! 

~ Shaun

No comments:

Post a Comment