Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Some Rambling, News, and Milestones

I'm not going to be too serious with this week's post. I've mostly just got a bunch of little things to mention, as opposed to one topic I'm going to go over. Some of it's writing-related, some of it's horror, some of it's just because I want to spit it out there.



For my fellow writers, I just want to toss out a reminder that if you check your reviews on Amazon, don't forget to scope out Amazon's pages for other countries. I was surprised to discover a while back that Class 5 had two reviews I had never known about from the UK. And aside from plugging in the .uk instead of the .com, I would never have known that. I've also done pretty well selling a few copies over there the past month. So, cheers to foreign sales, and I hope you all enjoy it.

I've also got a few different numbers to throw out this week. This blog post here, actually marks my 100th post. A fairly substantial feat for only a year and a half. Lots of blogs don't manage near that many, or as regular posts. It's one milestone I'm actually fairly proud of.

April 1st (yeah, yeah, I know.) also marked a full year since the publication of my first book, and my introduction to the world as an author. Granted, this introduction was about as graceful as tripping, spilling my drink on the host's wife and then forgetting his name, but it was an introduction nonetheless. It's been a long and winding road since then, leading to the publication of a short story which won an honorable mention at Seattle's premier horror convention and the release of my second book. What I've learned in the year since that first disastrous novel would probably fill a book of it's own at this point, and I know I've still got tons of needed information which is still completely unknown to me. In the past month alone, I've discovered past progressive tense, something I didn't even know existed despite managing to use it fairly heavily in one of my recent short stories.

I'm hoping the next year see's another couple releases. I have a trio of short stories which should be available in a bit, and my most recent novel "Hannah" is currently in the submissions pile over at Samhain Publishing. I'm currently four weeks into the 4 month wait for a reply, but fingers and toes are still crossed, making it a little hard to walk and type. Don't worry, I do take breaks when nobody's looking though. Don't want them becoming permanent or anything. I've also got starts on a few other works of varying lengths, including a work tentatively titled "Black Lake" and I've got a bit done on a sequel to Class 5. Heh. Don't hold your breath though.


If you've been to the theaters, watched TV or been on the internet for the past weekend, you probably know that Godzilla has knocked the ball out of the park, making more than $93 million in it's opening weekend, even beating out the Amazing Spider-Man 2, although Captain America: The Winter Soldier still holds the top spot for the year at $95. Sadly, I don't know when, or even if I'll be able to make it to the theaters to see the big guy, but even if I don't, there's always the sequel. 


And that's pretty much all I got for this week. Oh, and my birthday is in two weeks on the third. Feel free to snag a copy of Class 5 for me if you haven't already.

Cheers! 

~ Shaun

No comments:

Post a Comment